HISTORY OF ST. ANNE'S PARISH
By 1905 several Polish, a few German and Irish families had settled in the Buchanan area. Fr. George Fee,CSSR, from Yorkton celebrated Mass in private homes for the seven Catholic families. Fr. Fee was instrumental in getting a church in Buchanan in 1928 using lumber from the 1904 Kowalowska (Tiny) Church. The local Catholics built a modest church 42' by 20'. Fr. Fee along with Fr. Knapik CSSR of Yorkton celebrated the first Mass on July 26, 1929, the Feast Day of St.Anne. It wasn't until 1946 that Buchanan had a resident priest, Fr. Joe Kucharczyk OMI.
On August 4, 1980, the church was dismantled and construction began on a larger church which would measure 80' by 32'. Fr. A. Vandendriessche celebrated the first mass in the church on December 21, 1980 while the official celebration was held on July 19, 1981. Archbishop Charles Halpin blessed the cornerstone, church and altar.